Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mango-Banana Smoothie


         This evening I was given the gift of all gifts: I got a phone call from work saying they didn't need me tonight. Hooraaaaay!!! I leapt around my house celebrating like a complete goof, then promptly snatched up Lila's leash and took her out for a jog on a gorgeous spring evening I was elated not to miss. Marvelous freedom. I suppose it wouldn't work out well for the bank account if this happened too often, but an occasional day off is by all means welcome here. Even still I'm lapping up the fact that I'm not there making babies cry, waking moms up to feed their newborn, or clicking away at my charting. Oh happy day. So, after our jaunt outdoors I decided I needed something cold to eat and resolved to mix up my first smoothie of the year. I do adore a good smoothie. They're healthy and filling and refreshing and quick and easy and endless in variety. I coddled this one on the front porch as the sun went down. Bliss. And you don't have to pay $6 for it at Smoothie King. I'll take it. Feel free to swap out the mango in this with other favorite fruits. Options are countless!

makes one glass-full

ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1 cup frozen mango, in chunks (i had a bag from the freezer section at the store)
1/4 cup of milk (approximately)
juice of half a lemon

directions: 
Combine all ingredients in blender, blend til smooth, add more milk if too thick, blend some more, pour into glass of choice, and enjoy!

*note: i typically aim for at least one of the fruits going into a smoothie to be frozen. if none of yours are, then you'll just need to add a handful of ice to get it icy enough. i find using frozen fruits works best and lends the desired consistency, though.

1 comment:

  1. called off?!? that's nuts ;) we need to get together sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete